Are you a true sudoku fan? Prove it by solving this 49 x 49 grid.
Enjoy the real challenge with this smartly crafted puzzle game brought to you in clean style; plus there are several colour palettes for you to chose from.
Sudoku 49 presents a grid of 49 columns and 49 rows in 7×7 boxes, each consisting of 7×7 fields. Every solved puzzle contains a set of numbers from 1 to 49 in every column, every row, and every box. In each of those houses, each number from 1 to 49 appears only once.
Every puzzle presents one unique solution. And there is a total of 2401 fields that need to match.
There are some hints available from the start in case you get stuck, although acquiring a VIP badge will get you unlimited hints.
Select your preferred language and proficiency level (it’s advisable to start as novice) upon installation and work your way to the top. Many achievements await you on the way.
The number pad can assist you in showing only possible field numbers or you can turn that assistance off. And there are smart tools (available against IAP) that can help you solve puzzles faster.
Some of the things in the game?
- Unique puzzles in the 49 x 49 grid.
- Default white on black and black on white colour palettes (with promotionally time-limited availability, among others including blue, green and pink).
- A number of initially available hints in case you get stuck, which you could get more (e.g. watch ads, buy).
- Some crafty tools (available against IAP) like ‘X-ray Vision’ and ‘Wind of Truth’.
- Puzzle engine that will serve you difficulty according to your personal performance.
- Option to influence difficulty of an upcoming puzzle.
- Autoplay function (cool, if you just want to watch a puzzle being solved).
- Want to personalise your appearance? Buy an armour to accompany your skill.
- Look for an ‘i’ icon to see what the buttons are for (these are automatically shown only the first few times you start up the game).
How to play? Briefly check the entire grid for a general impression of the given puzzle. Some fields will already contain clues. Check the concentration of the empty fields per columns, rows, or boxes, whichever preferred. Any column, row or box can also be referred to as a house. Easier puzzles will only have a few empty fields and offer lots of clues. The emptier the grid is, the less clues will be obvious, but they will still be there.
Start in the area with the least number of empty fields. If only one number from 1 to 25 is missing in any of the columns, the rows, or the boxes, then the missing item is simply that missing number. Fill that number in and continue with other empty fields in the same manner.
The easiest games (like in the beginning, if you start as novice) might only require filling-in some singlets, those are fields with only one possible candidate. Find out which number is missing and place it in. If the selected number is correctly chosen, and when all the occurrences of any item are set, the item will be highlighted and locked in.
Should you notice that something needs our attention, we’d love to hear from you.
The game it-self collects and stores information only relevant to the game and all the information stays within the app, unless you decide differently. Noticeably data manipulation by the Unity Software game engine is handled separately on its own and outside of the control of the very game.
Thank you for playing.